Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Cosplay Commission: Mehdia (Bleach)

Hello.

Today I went to the town's postal service area in the food market to pick up a package that was too big to fit in my mailbox. I knew when the package arrived that it was my commissioned Bleach shinigami costume, and when I got home I opened the package read the note that the commissioner had wrote and took some pictures of the costume that was inside. I commissioned the black shinigami kimono, the hakama for it and the white kimono that they wear under the black one. However, I said that I wanted the white kimono a bit longer than the black one. Because if it was longer, I could use it for a planned Prison!Rukia Kuchiki (Bleach) cosplay as well. So that I didn't need to make it myself or had to commission it separately later, it was fine with the commissioner too. Now straight to the pictures and please excuse the photo quality. Everything is commissioned from the member Mehdia at Cosplay.com.


The standard black kimono that almost all the shinigami characters wear in Bleach. Though the commissioner didn't leave the kimono arms whole-open at the both sides but they're open at the back but not at the front.


Black hakama that is a part of the shinigami costume. Probably my most troublesome part when it comes down to Japanese clothing. I'm always unsure how to put them on, thanks goes to my bro Shiro Samurai for a quick "how to wear hakama" introduction. Yeah, thanks man.


The white kimono or what is known as Rukia's "prison outfit". Arms are whole-open from the front side and closed from the back, pure opposite to the black kimono in other words.


Myself only wearing the white kimono. The picture is taken with my old mobile camera, so I couldn't take a full body picture. But I hope you guys can see what it looks like somewhat.


The shinigami dress from the front. I looked derp so me gusta did the rest of the job. Pictures taken by my non-biological sibling. Ignore my room please.


The next cosplays I will use the shinigami kimono for is Izuru Kira and Rukia Kuchiki from Bleach. Izuru will be my Friday cosplay at Uppcon12 and both shinigami and Prison!Rukia will be one of my planned cosplays at Närcon 2012.

Commission summary:

Name of commissioner: Mehdia.

Commissioned item: Bleach shinigami outfit. Includes: white kimono, black kimono, hakama, white belt for white kimono.

Timeline: I don't remember anymore but I got it in good time before the con.

Experience with commissioner: The commissioner was friendly, fast, reasonable price-wise and easy to work with. Recommended!

Would you commission from this person/company again? Yes.

Final score: A

Until next time!

Frozen Angel out.

2 comments:

  1. No probs about hakama info lol.
    And ååh dog nästan åt den första gusta bilden. XDDD

    Ser bra ut, fast du kanske vill köpa lite svart textilfärg och måla över den vita "trekanten" bak. Annars ser jag inget vidare pjokigt, ser fint gjort ut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good.

    Skall blir spännande att ser dom cosplays live.

    ReplyDelete