Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Oulu Animeseminaari 2012 Summary

Here is my Oulu Animeseminaari thoughts and experience! Read if interested, here goes ~

So I and Shiro Samurai had decided to attend the seminar at Oulu. We took the commuter train to Oulu which is about 100 km from his home town and we slept over at our aunt's place, who we called and informed in advance before the event. Even though her apartment was quite small it had a really cozy atmosphere around it and it surely was a blast to be there. I enjoyed it a lot. My alarm rang 08:00 local time on Saturday morning and I told my bro to wake up, get some breakfast and change to cosplay. Daily cosplay morning routine, no? Once we both were in cosplay, we took our nerd bags and headed to the seminar. Our aunt ended up walking together with us to the event area because she wanted to see what kind of event it was. She was cool with it, took some photos of us and left afterwards. When we arrived at the seminar area we met Sacchan -someone Shiro Samurai was in touch with before the seminar- who came towards us, welcomed and hugged us. I cosplayed Prison!Rukia Kuchiki from Bleach and Shiro Samurai did an artbook version of Hajime Saitō from Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan. I only cosplayed on Saturday because I didn't see the point to cosplay when no one really cared if you cosplayed or not as the event had this "chill out and hang with your friends" type of meaning. Another reason why I didn't cosplay was because my wig wasn't so comfortable thanks to a load of hair pins under the wig cap. During lunchtime on Saturday I, Sacchan and Shiro Samurai went to Stockmann (shopping center) in the city area that was close to the seminar where we ordered sushi. When we got the sushi I was done for... I didn't get a fork and a spoon to eat with!

This meant that I had to eat with chopsticks which I haven't used in years! I got the idea of how to use them pretty fast. So I put some soya on a small soya plate tested my "almost-forgotten" amazing chopstick skills and grabbed the biggest  sushi on the plate, yum. Of course I felt the pressure from le bro and my hands started to shake like crap. I lifted the sushi from the plate and accidentally dropped it on the soya plate when supposed to dip it! No big harm, so I lifted up the sushi again and tried to take a more solid grip on it but it fell off... again! This time it made a heavier soya splash which reached all the way to my white kimono. So there it was... a big fugly brown-ish stain on my white kimono, just what I wanted and needed. Random trololol afterwards and derps and we ate what was left on our plates. Once done and outside the restaurant I called my aunt and told her that I needed to clean my white kimono fast. She arrived like a rocket near the seminar, picked me up and we went to iron and wash the kimono with chloride right away at her place. Luckily it left no stains after the wash and I was back at the seminar in no time. I could just leave behind the worried thoughts about not being able to cosplay for the rest of the day. Super chloride is just the best! <3

We spent the most of the time during both days with our new friend Sacchan who seemed to like similar -or the same- series like we did which was really cool! When it comes to the seminar I got bored pretty fast as there wasn't much to do and I was sort of expecting something let's say... bigger. It was more of an "hang out with your friends" kind of event like mentioned above so I'm grateful to have had Sacchan to spend my time with. Would have gotten really boring otherwise. Maybe I was expecting too much after getting used to big events like Närcon and Uppcon?

Until next time.

Frozen Angel out.

2 comments:

  1. The soya accident... trololool ~
    I still wonder how it vanished without a stain left, mega chloride. XD

    Oh, and don't have über high expectations on northern Finland's manga/anime events, especially not if they have free entrance. Kemi's comic day has the same feel to it like Oulu's anime seminar had, but I find both enjoyable as well as I find "real cons" enjoyable, but in different ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you bleached your Bleach-cosplay? xD (Or parts of it anyway...) Your aunt sounds really nice, letting you two sleep there and helping to clean your cosplay and everything.

    ReplyDelete