Saturday, August 25, 2012

Tracon 7 Cosplay Plans

Hello.

Lately I have been wondering and wondering who I should cosplay on Saturday at Tracon 7 (8th-9th September, Tampere, Finland). I thought I should do a new costume as I don't feel like cosplaying any of those I already have for different reasons.

My reasons why I'm not going to cosplay anything that I have:

Bleach:
 I don't want to be anyone from Bleach right now because I have cosplayed Bleach pretty much this year and all my new costumes has also been from Bleach. Neither is any of my Finnish con friends gonna roll with Bleach during the con. Not so tempting.

Inuyasha:
Naraku from Inuyasha I don't feel like going as because that one has felt the most forever alone to wear. In two big cons it has only been taken a photo of once and I don't count the Inuyasha group from Uppcon11. It doesn't feel so fun to cosplay a character from a series you don't really care about. I cosplay him for group and nostalgic reasons if anything.

Tales of Symphonia:
Kratos Aurion is always nice to cosplay because I love the character so much and there is -almost- always someone at the con who is really happy to see someone cosplaying from the Tales of series. It's always a blast more or less even if these recognizing people are quite few. I have cosplayed him the most out of all my cosplays since last year and I plan to take a break until next year's Närcon 2013,  where I and my friends plan to have a Tales of Symphonia group.

So I decided to do a brand new cosplay and below you will see some of the fabrics for that particular cosplay.

Can you guess who it is for?
...

BADUMTSSSH!!

It's going to be Yamato "Matt" Ishida from Digimon Adventure! Why? Well, yesterday and some hours during today I've been thinking a lot about what to cosplay and I searched all over Internet for something I could do, which wouldn't take me too long. But then all of a sudden Shiro Samurai thought "Why not do a du du Digimon character?" Why didn't that hit my mind earlier? They have quite simple designs, recognizable and nostalgic!

I wanted to do Yamato because he's my favorite character from Digimon (out of all seasons) and I like his personality too. He's silent, caring, yet tough in his own way. Though I like Gomamon better than Gabumon but Gabumon is great too especially its evolutions. Ri-kun is also gonna cosplay as a Digimon "trainer" on Saturday which also got me in the mood too.

Here is my cosplay plans for Tracon 7!

Saturday

Yamato "Matt" Ishida from Digimon Adventure.
Sunday

Keisuke Sannan from Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan.

Frozen Angel out.

4 comments:

  1. I have no clue how many pages we scrolled down on AnimeCharacterDatabase late yesterday night, without luck, before it suddenly hit me today "DIGIMON!!!". Lawdy lawd. xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sound like a great plan you got there. Also nice you will do Matt =D Can´t wait to see when you are done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Digimon & Hakuouki for the win! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ihanat cossit!!!! Digimon! Tekis itekki mieli cossia joskus Digimonista!

    ReplyDelete