Friday, July 19, 2013

Närcon 2013 Cosplay Plans

Hello there! *waves*

I've been looking forward to Närcon since months and the con is finally within reach! The doors to Närcon will open at the 25th July in Linköping, Sweden and it will be a 4 days con of awesomeness! Gosh, I'm so excited! Hence my cosplay plans have been a bit of a mess when I have been changing them back and forth, just like the cosplay plans for Animecon X. So let's sort this out then!

Thursday

Morning/Daytime:

Keisuke Sannan from Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan.
Afternoon/Evening:

Kratos Aurion from Tales of Symphonia.
This is the first time I will cosplay as two character during one day! I plan to go as Keisuke Sannan during the day when Shiro Samurai and Sacchan also cosplays from Hakuōki. Kratos Aurion will be my evening cosplay when I'm going to visit Närcon's Guest of Honor - Hideo Baba. Hideo Baba is the producent of several Tales of games and this means that going as Kratos is a rock solid decision for the event! I mean, who doesn't want to cosplay their favorite character and show the love of the series when you have the chance to see the freakin' game producent himself?!

I JUST CAN'T MISS THIS ONCE IN A LIFETIME CHANCE! <3

I plan to change from Sannan to Kratos during 16:00 and once changed to Kratos, I will wait for MangaRINer who will be cosplaying Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia. Also, I might look a bit different as Sannan when I will apply the makeup the way I would do it when going as Kratos. This is to make the costume change smoother during evening.

Friday

Link from The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.
Oh, Link...

I do my best to finish this costume before the con! I just have to finish the shirt, make the shoes -which is my biggest problem at hand when mom has sold the perfect fabric for it!- and make the sword. I have made the pattern ready for the sword, I just realized that I need to modify it a bit and I have commissioned the shield from Propforge, so I hope they will get it done in time. If I manage to get this green hero done in time, he will be my character of choice during the Cosplay Board Games' Cosplay Chess!

Saturday


Months before the con I had discussed with some friends if we should do a Tales of Symphonia group cosplay at Närcon 2013. They were all positive to the idea so I took it in my hands and drove it forward and before we knew it, more and more cosplayers showed interest in the group! Right now we have both the Tethe'alla and Sylvarant cast! I never expected it to go this well! Myself I am the "creator" of the group and the information and planning has been discussed between me and Arche (our Raine) and we have just asked what the others think about it before taking the final decisions, so that it fits so many cosplayers as possible.

Sunday

Pre-Game!Kratos Aurion from Tales of Symphonia.
During Sundays I use to be a very tired con-zombie so I will either cosplay something very casual or not cosplay at all. My Sunday cosplay ended up being Pre-Game!Kratos in the end, when I already have the wig and the sword with me thanks to the other Kratos costume. This costume doesn't really take up any place in the luggage at all and I will use the same shoes for the other Kratos cosplay too! Simple! I roll with this!

See you all there!

Frozen Angel out.

No comments:

Post a Comment