Saturday, December 28, 2013

Star Wars Cosplay Revealed!

THIS BLOG POST CONTAINS MAJOR STAR WARS SPOILERS. IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIES, THEN DON'T READ/SCROLL THIS POST! DON'T CARE? SCROLL AHEAD!

After being in Germany and watching all the Star Wars movies together with SanzoHoushi and Janina I just had to cosplay someone from Star Wars! So I took a step closer to become a Jedi!

During the end of November I was browsing through Toys "R" Us' online store and looking for a lightsaber that I could use for my Star Wars cosplay. I don't really see the point to make my own when you can buy good ones and I found a lightsaber there for a price above 600 SEK, which is pretty expensive. With the price of it being that high I sort of expect it to be of good quality enough to use in a cosplay and bought it. I haven't tested it yet, so that's what I'm about to do!

Lightsaber at its full height in original package. About 90 cm.
Close up on the upper front image. Cool, right? ~
Lightsaber in OFF mode.
Lightsaber in BLUE mode.
Lightsaber in RED mode.
After testing it and changing the colors I feel really satisfied with it! I look forward to take progress photos once I start working on my cosplay which will hopefully be either 2014 or 2015. 

...

Still thinking about my character of choice? If the lightsaber itself weren't that obvious for you, I'm gonna spoil it and say that it's no one else than Anakin Skywalker. Hence, I plan to do the version of him during the Revenge of the Sith movie where he wears the Sith cape because then I can use both the lightsaber colors so that it makes sense and wear dat cape <3

My spoiling mission is done here so let's piss off!

Gif from starwars-gifs.tumblr.com.

Frozen Angel out.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, awesome! Anakin is one of my favourite characters, I really love his story. So tragic. And Revenge of the Sith is one of my favourite Star Wars movies.

    Also, the lightsaber looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will get very exciting to see this cosplay and the lightsaber look really good. It is so sad I hardly remeber anything from the movies XD But it will be fun to see it when you are done with it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't really think I'd see you cosplay a western movie character. Then again, vaihtelu virkistää. :) The light saber looks surprisingly awesome by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have always wanted to do a western movie character (for a change) but I never really fell for any characters/movies before I watched Star Wars, since no one gave me that "Wow, I want to cosplay that character!" feeling.

      Don´t get me wrong though! I enjoyed Harry Potter, LotR and so on, I just didn´t find a character I loved enough to cosplay. So Star Wars became just my cup of tea, I just loved everything about it :)

      Delete
  4. Dat light saber looks so cool! <3 Can't wait to see this cosplay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww yeeeaaahhh! You are going to look so awesome as Anakin Skywalker! :D Super cool lightsaber, bro. 8D Can't wait to see progress on this!

    ReplyDelete