Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Kitacon 6 Summary

With Kitacon 6 behind us including my mini con-lag, I think it's a good time to write the actual con summary now. Kitacon 6 was held the 1st - 2nd March in Kemi, Finland for those who didn't know and I slept the nights at my mom's place together with Hasakitsuki and Valkoinen Samurai and well, there is not much more to say about the time when we stayed at my mom's place.

Saturday

The con opened its doors 10.00 (Finnish time) but the programs started at 11.00 I think, but our cosplay trio arrived later at the con because Valkoinen Samurai had some rage edition with his Keisuke Sannan (Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan) make-up. After that everyone was done and had their full cosplays on, mom drove us to Kemi. Once at the con we decided to do our normal "con tour" and walk around the building and see what there is to see and while being in the Dealer's Hall I noticed that it was both a Dealer's Hall and an Artist Alley because many artists sold their stuff there, to my surprise. Our group kept looking around and later we meet our dear friend Sairu-Chan cosplaying as Shiemi Moriyama (Blue Exorcist) and this same awesome guy who I'm gonna call Wolf from here on, who we met at Chibicon in Oulu last year. It was a positive surprise to see him again since I had no clue that he'll be at Kitacon! During the day we didn't really do anything interesting, we couldn't even have a decent photoshoot outside because well, we were in the middle of central Kemi which means no good photoshoot locations unless you want to pose in front of a building window and have car reflections photobombing your pictures 24/7. Pfft, how about no? Neither did any of us attend any panels during the day. Hence I gotta say that this one person recognized me as Pre-Game!Kratos Aurion (Tales of Symphonia) which pretty much made my day! We had a chat about the upcoming Tales of Symphonia: Chronicles game for PS3 and about our plushies from the serie. 

...

Wait, wut? Symphonia plushies...seriously?! Did I read that right? YES! YES YOU DID!

For those of you who don't get the thing, there is no official Tales of Symphonia plushies released, so far. So, if you want one you have to commission it from someone who can make plushies. They had plushies from the serie as I did but the best thing (which makes me the most happy) was that they also had a Kratos one! Which I'd love to see the next time! Along with a few others from the main cast. But their plushies were of a bigger size than mine. I hope that I will run into them in a future con, because I forgot to ask for their contact information. Why? Well, I suck at asking things like that in general and I thought for some reason that they were a friend of Sairu-Chan (who has friends who knows Tales of Symphonia in the north) but lolnope.

Two random pictures of the main area:



Sunday

Sunday was our Bleach day and the more "active day" once again our trio put their costumes on and we headed for the con, the same way like we did on Saturday with mom driving us to the con. It didn't take long once we were at the con, before we saw our group's Rangiku Matsumoto, Sairu-Chan again. With the all of us united once again with me being Uryū Ishida, Valkoinen Samurai as Gin Ichimaru and finally Hasakitsuki as Rukia Kuchiki it was a perfect time for a photoshoot outside!

What photoshoot do you mean? I only see der-!
Me: Ssssh! You ruining the point *turns on hilarious music*

REPSIREPSIREPSITTIREPSITTI REEEPS REPSIREPSI REEPS! ~ 
LETS (T)ROLL!

All photos from this point and further are taken by Valkoinen Samurai

Cosplayers: Jäätynyt Enkeli (Uryū Ishida) and Hasakitsuki (Rukia Kuchiki)
Photographer: Valkoinen Samurai


Rukia: First picture of the day, let's be serious about it. 
Ishida: Serious what's that?~

The best thing was that Hasakitsuki didn't even know that I were derping xD


Rukia: I'm going to punch you...!
Ishida: Lolnope ~

You don't see shit ~
Because this is the best photocrash in my life! <3

I WIN!

Trying to be serious again, lolnope!
DON'T TAP ON MY HEAD! ISHIDA DOES NOT APPROVE!
I wonder if it was good enough this time?
I DON'T REALLY CARE BECAUSE...


Okay, I hope you folks didn't die of laughter or derp-overload (Derpday hoho ~) because I'm gonna continue this summary seriously now, so I want you all to stay alive ~ >8D

After that we were done photoshooting, err derpshooting we headed indoors again and at 13.00 our group went to watch the FFFight in the second floor because Wolf was going to be there and we were bored anyway. To my surprise the FFFight turned out to be much more entertaining than I had expected it to be at first, so it was a positive surprise for me at least. The "fights" were entirely improvised by the participants (this time) and some of the people who participated were just hilarious. So it was totally worth the time! I got a good laughter from it, heh. I'd love to participate in this kind of thing in the future if I only have a fitting cosplay for it, who I can do nice attacks with.

Albert making Hanji smell his shoe!
Fight scene with Hanji Zoe from Attack on Titan against one gentleman called Albert (I think it was Albert) who's "attacking" Hanji during his turn by making her smell his not-so-nice-smelling-shoe. Hey Albert! That's not so gentleman-ish of you, you know! xD

During the day we also (while being in the first floor) saw this "con-train" (or whatever you folks call it) were one people is leading the "train" and the rest behind them is holding the shoulders of the person who is in front of them. I didn't join it, I'm too serious for that kind of thing. Really.


They had the "What is Love" song playing meanwhile walking around the Dealer's Hall area with more and more congoers joining them each round. When the clock started to reach 17.00 it was time for everyone to leave the con, most people already left around 15 - 16 and so did we. Before they took away the con merchandise Hasakitsuki bought this one super surprise bag from one of the stores and got this flower hairpin thing and meanwhile our gang were sitting near the con entrance she put it on Valkoinen Samurai's wig and mine. Uh, I didn't really like it, so I demostrate it my way:

SE ON SYÖPÄ!
While we are sitting at the entrance we said goodbye to some friends who we met at the con like Wolf and CissyDella. Before Sairu-Chan had to leave (she went with CissyDella and her friend) we did our little "signal" thing that we two always do with my Kratos' plushies when we're at my place or when I have at least one of my Kratos plushies with me, which I did take with me to the con. Because well, one does not simply leave that cute thing at home (I can't simple leave two smiling Kratos' alone at home! Feels so cruel </3) and suffers from one hell of a withdrawal syndrome afterwards xD

That's our "signal" and how you do it without having the other Kratos plushie! xD
Oh! By the way folks! I didn't buy anything during the con and neither did I run into Thaki and his bro there (so far as I would recognize them). Oh well, next time!

That's all for this con! And see you folks next time at Närcon!

4 comments:

  1. Kitacon was so Derpcon for us this time. Must love the derps! <3 And I swear I'm so disappointed with myself that I missed to capture the beautiful photobombs. ;_; xD You should have seen that one crack-smile you did, oh god wish I had eternalized it. lololol

    I agree that the FFFight was surprisingly entertaining, especially the final fight with the challengers against the Dubinators!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don´t say ~ It´s not fun if you capture every of my derps, some are only meant to be seen once >8D

      Agree! I hope they keep having "programs" like that in the future!

      Delete
  2. Oh god the amount of derp that happened! >XD But at least it was fun! *insert signal here* It was really nice to hang out with you guys there!

    FFFight really was entertaining! Huehuehuehue~ >8D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally, haha! *insert signal back here*

      If they have it in the future it would be nice to check it out then.

      Delete