Saturday, April 12, 2014

I´m Just A Dreamer - Top 5 Dream Cosplays!

THIS BLOG POST CONTAINS MAJOR TALES OF SYMPHONIA SPOILERS. IF YOU HAVEN´T COMPLETED THE GAME/READ THE MANGA/SEEN THE ANIMATION, THEN DON`T READ/SCROLL THIS POST! DON`T CARE? SCROLL AHEAD!

 Dream cosplays, huh?...

I believe that the most cosplayers out there have that special character (or several for that matter) who they´ve been just dying to cosplay for a long time, some have been waiting for months to make that particular costume while others could have been waiting for years. But that doesn´t matter in the end because they all have the very same goal, which is to make their cosplay dream come true and to feel the happiness of cosplaying that particular character. I believe that many dream cosplays consists of characters that a person either loves to pieces, characters that really made an important impact on them somehow, character that they can really understand or the character who had that mind-blowing design that they fell in love with. Whatever the reason is, there is a reason we hold the character dear and that´s why many of us call it a dream cosplay. To reach this faraway dream of ours, cosplayers keep it in their hearts and minds, holds on to it and during the years they improve their skills in different areas and some even change their bodies (the best they can) and improve their confidence to make that dream come true and so that they can feel satisfied with their creation, both mentally and physically. We don´t want to rush something that we really care about and want to make as perfect as we can, am I right? There are cosplayers with dream cosplays out there and I´m definitely one of them! Welcome guys and gals to my Top 5 Dream Cosplay post!

Through my life as a nerd cosplayer I have come across many different characters from just as different series. Several of them were there to be remembered during the plot, others to serve as comic reliefs, some were admirable but still lacking something and even more characters just to be forgotten in the midst of time. But there were these very few characters - who became so much more than just a fictional character to me - who teached me important and great things about life, served as an icon of strenght during hard times or just had that lovely design with a memorable personality to match that reminded me of the series greatness. I grew to love these characters who shaped me to the person I am today, more or less.

I will start from the bottom of my Dream Cosplay list and write my way through to the top.

Dream Cosplay #5

Character: Yuda / Judas
Serie: Saint Beast


If you never seen the character or heard about the serie, I´m not surprised because it is very obscure and many people don´t even know about it. Yuda (or Judas in English) spoke to me as a character from the very beginning of the anime and it lasted to the very end of it. I believe that one of the strongest points that he made it to this list is because he is very similar to my all time favourite character and Yuda does even resemble that character by look. Woah! We have lost anime twins here! There is an anime of the serie and a Drama CD (Japanese only) which I believe tells the story much better than the anime did, because the anime feels very rushed. The anime has low scores at the site Myanimelist.net and you can read there that people complain about the show´s big plot holes and for it being confusing with no "real end". I think that the end is what partly made this show good since it gives you the entire freedom to self decide who actually was the "bad" and the "good" guys in the end and I loved to have that freedom myself, for once. If you want to watch this show, don´t expect anything breath-taking, just watch it with an open mind. But if you´re the kind of person who looks for deeper meanings/relations between characters and can forgive plot holes or just loves to have the freedom to create your own "what happened then" events in your head, you might have come across a show for you. I watched it in a perspective that made me forgive and understand the shows deeper truths better. 

Dream Cosplay #4

Character: Troubadour
Serie: Ah! My Goddess


Oh boy, what to say about this pretty-ish musician? Well, one thing´s for sure! He´s the only character who ended up on this list simply because he´s just so bad and I really mean it, so BAD that he´s down-right amazingly entertaining! I can´t remember for my life when I laughed so much what I did to this guy in the manga when he showed up. Sure, he might have the least attractive personality of the entire Ah! My Goddess cast, because well, simply put he´s an asshole but I can´t remember any other asshole entertain me so damn good that I almost laughed my ass off! And almost rolled down from the bed too. So Troubadour deserves this spot not only for being an amazingly fun character, nostalgic but also because his design was an instant click for me and I just have a thing for characters who are musicians, hehe.

Dream Cosplay #3

Character: Ky Kiske
Version: King Ky
Serie: Guilty Gear 2: Overture


Guilty Gear is a serie that I originally learned to know thanks to my good friend Mighty who came with the hook and dragged me into the Guilty Gear universe and I certainly don´t regret it! For being a fighting-based game the characters and their stories are surprisingly deep and I´m really fond of the designs too and not to mention the rock ´n´ roll themed music that you head-bang to during the fights. Just looking at this version of Ky Kiske is a reason enough for cosplaying him and putting him in the third place on this list. The design of the Guilty Gear characters has been for me the most appealing designs ever since I came across Tales of Symphonia back in 2005. So it was a very amazing and unique design is you ask me, totally my taste! Ky Kiske is also on the list because I really like his personality and story as a character. I bought my first Guilty Gear game for the PSP not that long ago and I look forward to get even more into the serie!

Dream Cosplay #2

Character: Edward Chris von Muir
Serie: Final Fantasy IV


Ever since I started up Final Fantasy IV on my Nintendo DS for the first time and watched the intro and when I saw the scene with Edward playing on his mandolin in the forest I just wanted to know what kind of character he is and what kind of story he had. After playing through the game I really fell for him as a character. He really had a heart of gold and were so tragic that I just wanted to jump inside the game and give him a big hug! His story was easiest the most touching one to me and his story cut-scenes gave me dem feels. I just don´t get it why many people dislike him and says that he´s pretty much useless in the game, while I had absolutely no problems with him (I´ve seen a MUCH worser character in another game) and frankly, he did save my team back in the beginning of the game. I just wish that you could keep him a bit longer in your team because I really liked him, mostly as a character but also because I think he said very deep and meaningful things during his short time in the team. I´d love to hear more from this musician with clothes as beautiful as his soul. Even if many people hates you Edward and thinks that you´re shit I love you spoony and will always do! Yeah, this guy is the origin of the famous "spoony bard" meme and went down in meme history.

Dream Cosplay #1

Character: Kratos Aurion
Version: Judgment / Cruxis
Serie: Tales of Symphonia

Skärpdöden here I come! ~
The friends of mine who really knows me as a person, knows how much I love this character. For those who don´t, well, I could write kilometers of text explaining every tiny detail why I love this character so much and what he means to me but I´m pretty darn sure that no one wants to read a text with a lenght like that. So let´s make it short: Ever since 2005 when I started to play the video game Tales of Symphonia for the Nintendo GameCube and the second I saw Kratos Aurion in the intro of the game I just KNEW that he was going to be something very dear to me and so it was. He has been and is still, my absolute favourite character of all time now for an amazingly 9 years in a row. 9 damn years in a row! With no other character even coming close to what he is to me. This character just means so incredibly much to me. He gave me strenght in life, a reason to hold on and even changed my life to the better later on. I have learned so much from this character and there ain´t a single thing that I dislike about him. Tales of Symphonia is an amazing game, it´s really worth playing and easily the best game I ever laid my geeky hands on. It can teach you so much, like it did with me.

The reason why that outfit is my dream costume is because I really, really love the symbolism in it and I think it fits his character so damn well and because I already did his default one, hihi <3

That´s for my Dream Cosplay List and hope you enjoyed this post because I had tons of fun sharing and writing it!

See you folks!

Belongs to rightful owners and creators.

9 comments:

  1. Tätä oli aivan ihana ja mielenkiintoista lukea! (Vaikka näistä jo jotain tiesinkin, hehhe >:D). <3

    Saint Beastist en ole ikinä kuullukaan, mutta vaikuttas ihan mielenkiintoiselta. Pistän kyll muistiin! c:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos! Yrittin parhaiten kirjoittaa MIKSI hahmo on rakas. No sinä jos joku saa kaikki tiedot etukäteen, haha<3

      Katso vain! Piedä vaan mielessä mitä kerroin siitä! :)

      Delete
  2. en tunne näistä kun vikan, mutta aika siistejä! Mietin iteki pitäiskö tämmöne listaus tehä. Tosin mulla kaikki mun cossilistalle päätyvät hahmot on enemmän tai vähemmän unelmacosseja :'D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha no en ole yllättynyt, kaikki listassa on more or less obscureja tai vähän cossatuja hahmoja muutenki (kun ne iskee! <3). Kirjoitta ihmeessä jos kiinnostaa! Minäki olen tätä postausta mietinnyt pitempää aikaa jos pitäis kirjoittaa tai ei, mutta nytten se tuli :)

      Delete
    2. Haha, welcome to my world :'D tyylii 80-90% mun hahmoista on ollu/tulee olemaan semmosia mitä kukaan ei tunne l'D

      Delete
  3. Oh my so manny good looking cosplay´s plans/dreams don´t know anyone off them but you will rock them. =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent write-up! All great dream cosplay characters. :D It also made me so happy to see Yuda's picture here on your blog. <3 Anyway, I hope you can cosplay each of these characters in the future!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a feeling you´d mention Yuda. Thank you! I will do my best! :)

      Delete