Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Nerdcon 2014 Cosplay Plans

Hi there geeks!

Nerdcon is a brand new con that was held for the first time during 2013 in Umeå, Sweden. This year, I will attend it together with Shiro Samurai and Hasakitsuki and the three of us will stay at Hitsu's place as she lives in Umeå and was so kind to let us stay at her apartment during the con. I hope that we can have lots of fun together at her place! The con is only one day and held the 16th August.

This year at Nerdcon I will do something different, something that I haven't done before at a con namely be a part of the con's volunteer crew. Yes, that's right! I have during my years as a cosplayer developed an interest to see and experience cons from different perspectives, including being both a regular congoer and a con volunteer. Of course I'm excited about what I will do and because it's the first time I will work at a con! Who said that cleaning can't be exciting? Wait, did I just say "cleaning"? Yupp, I did and one does not simply "sign up" for the cleaning crew without cosplaying:

Saturday

Suit!Levi from Attack on Titan.
Everyone who knows Attack on Titan somewhat should know by now the silliness of my volunteer position and my cosplay choice. If not, then the thing is that Levi is a very serious character and also humanity's strongest soldier (in other words: he's very badass!) and he has an... obsession with cleaning! I don't have the same degree of cleaning obsession but I enjoy it when places are tidy and organized. Oh and I am waaay too often the person picking up after others as it annoys me to sky levels when there is trash lying somewhere where it shouldn't be. It's not unusual at all to see me cleaning after others as I just can't stand it. Period. The hidden rage and urge to shove my invisible mop up their arse who don't clean after themselves. But yes, I will be on a cleaning patrol at Nerdcon from 13:00 to 16:00 and be both swag and myself in-character.

See you there!

Frozen Angel out.

2 comments:

  1. Levi in the cleaning patrol, oh man this is gonna be glorious! xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Levi in the cleaning patrol, scouting for garbage. Wow. Can't wait to see this. ;p

    ReplyDelete