Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Cosplay Year 2014

2014 is soon behind us as 2015 is ready to climb up on the scene. The best thing with a new year is that it means new cons, events, adventures and cosplays!

So how was my 2014 when it comes down to cosplay? 2014 as a year has been a pretty spiced up year as I have discovered two new cons, worked at a con for the first time and experienced both good and less good cons/events. If we take a look at the planned cosplay progress part, this year fell short and flat when almost all my new costumes for the year has been more or less what we Finns call "kaappicossi" aka closet-cosplay. Yeah, I totally feel like a derp when a specific green sucker still lurks somewhere in my cosplay shelf just waiting to be picked up again so that he can strangle me or something, lol. All in all 2014 has been a different, refreshing and enjoyable year despite its less cool surprises in the world of cosplay. I would also like to thank all the friends I have spent my time with at different cons and the people who either read or follows this blog for a great year. Thanks all!

No, I'm totally not thinking about making a promise for new year to finish Link for 2015, haha!

This year I have been to the following cons:

  Kitacon 6 - Kemi, Finland
Skecon 3 - Skellefteå, Sweden
Närcon 2014 - Linköping, Sweden
Oulun Animeseminaari - Oulu, Finland
Nerdcon 2014 - Umeå, Sweden
Tracon 9 - Tampere, Finland
Kemi's Manga Day (11/10 - 2014) - Kemi, Finland

Here is what I have cosplayed during the year (only one version of each character shown, even if I might have done more than one version of the particular character):


Upper Row from left to right: Kratos Aurion (Tales of Symphonia), Uryū Ishida (Bleach), Len Kagamine (Vocaloid)

Lower Row from left to right: Yamato "Matt" Ishida (Digimon), Levi (Attack on Titan), Dio (Mad Father), Keisuke Sannan (Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan)

Happy New Year 2015!

Frozen Angel out.

2 comments:

  1. This year's cons were a blast! Aah Mario Kart bros at Skecon and the HOPPBORG RAGE. <3 So many glorious moments happened during 2014 - let's hope that 2015 will be just as awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. C'mon, closet cosplaying is alright. It helps your wallet out a lot! ;)
    Happy new cosplay year! :D

    ReplyDelete