Friday, May 27, 2016

Warcraft: The Beginning Premiere

Hello nerds!

Today was Sweden's premiere showing of the movie Warcraft: The Beginning. Despite not playing the game or knowing that much about it, I plan to work on all the 3 showings of Warcraft here at my hometown's cinema. Just like back in December, during the world's premiere of Star Wars: The Force Awakens (where I dressed up as a random Jedi) I decided to put on something fancy for the Warcraft showings as well! I mean, c'mon, I'm a cosplayer who "works" at the cinema and I love to take my hobby to my work - whenever there is a big/nerdy movie title coming up. Being in a geeky costume and selling cinema tickets/serving at the cafeteria is just so much fun everytime! ~

For the showings of Warcraft, I decided to go for some kind of elf-druid look and I used my Jedi robe from my planned Anakin Skywalker (Star Wars) cosplay as the robe for my random elf. Since I don't know that much about the classes and characters of World of Warcraft (I recognize a few of them) I didn't go for any specific character/class. I just took some inspiration from the elf class and went with something that I cooked up, with what I had in my nerdy part of the wardrobe. The movie started rolling at 20:00 and I headed out towards the cinema at 18:35. I put on the costume around 16:30 and man, it took me more than 30 minutes to get those elf ears in proper place but damn they look good! For the first 3D showing of the movie we had exactly 100 visitors and I enjoyed my time selling movie tickets in my elf outfit. Myself, I will watch the movie on its 2D showing as I have some kind of motion sickness, seemingly.

During the day and the coming showings of Warcraft: The Beginning at 3rd and 5th June, I will look like this:

Photographer: Marcus.
That's all for now and see you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment